Nearly everyone is shy in some ways. If shyness is making you 21 , it may be time for a few lessons in self-confidence. You can 22 your confidence by following some 23 from doctors and psychologists.
Making a decision is not to hold back in conversations. What you have to say is just as important as what other people say. And don’t 24 party invitations just because of your 25 .
Prepare yourself for being with 26 in groups. Make a list of the good qualities you have. Then 27 a list of ideas, experiences, and skills you would like to 28 with other people. Think about what you would like to say in 29 . Then say it.
If you start 30 shy in a group, take a deep 31 and focus your attention on other people. Remember, you are not 32 . Other people are concerned about the 33 they are making, too.
No one ever gets over being shy 34 , but most people do learn to 35 with their shyness. Even artists 36 that they often feel shy. They work at fighting their shy feelings so that they can 37 the cameras and the public. Just making the 38 to control shyness can have many rewards. 39 perhaps the best reason to fight shyness is to give other people a 40 to know more about you.
21. A. comfortable B. uncomfortable C. conscious D. unconscious
22. A. take B. throw C. build D. lose
23. A. suggestion B. admission C. requirement D. rule
24. A. turn off B. turn up C. turn in D. turn down
25. A. shyness B. confidence C. braveness D. fondness
26. A. parents B. others C. friends D. workmates
27. A. accept B. receive C. make D. show
28. A. do B. get C. exchange D. share
29. A. advance B. time C. heart D. haste
30. A. looking B. falling C. gaining D. feeling[来源:学&科&网Z&X&X&K]
31. A. rest B. breath C. chair D. bath
32. A. alone B. lonely C. selfish D. brave
33. A. advice B. dress C. impression D. request
34. A. simply B. especially C. completely D. basically
35. A. bring B. live C. disagree D. talk
36. A. admit B. deny C. ignore D. pretend
37. A. challenge B. experience C. break D. face
38. A. affection B. effort C. effect D. balance
39. A. And B. Or C. So D. But
40. A. hope B. demand C. chance D. trust